Each academic year, the COE invites a small group of Wesleyan faculty and undergrads plus a noted outside scholar to join together in a yearlong discussion on a critical environmental issue. The Think Tank features a new theme, and new fellows, each year.
read all about current and past coe think tank themes, fellows, and events:
- 2023-24 think tank aims to reimagine civilization in the anthropocene
- 2022-23 think tank explores radical environments
- 2021-22 coe think tank explores ways to visualize environmental change
- 2021 where on earth are we going: examining glacier-related flood events in high mountain environments
- alton c. byers: mountaineer byers joins coe as visiting bailey prof
- suzanne o’connell: o’connell explores cryosphere growth and demise
- jennifer raynor: raynor seeks to illuminate illegal and small-scale fishing
- courtney fullilove: fullilove examines red lists of endangered species
- meet our 2021-22 think tank student fellows
- 2020-21 coe think tank explores habitability
- 2019-20 think tank explores beyond the human
- 2018 where on earth are we going? seminar: is animism good to think with?
- 2007-2017 where on earth are we going? seminars